Tuesday, October 16, 2012

National Boss Day

I arrived to work this morning and noticed that my department had bagels, cake, donuts and juice. I asked what are all these goodies for? My co-workers replied "It's National Boss Day"! I was surprised since I did not recall that today was Boss Day. My cheeks got red as I smiled and walked to my desk. I picked a cinnamon raisin bagel and spread Philly cream cheese on it. It was delicious. My department then gave me a card and beautiful flowers. The office had a nice aroma of flowers. I felt so special. It's a great feeling to know that your employees appreciate you as their Supervisor. Then I realized that I did not get something for my boss! What was I going to do? Luckily my department brought a card and flowers for my manager as well. What an outstanding team I have. I also appreciate their hard work and dedication to this department. Without them I would not be a Supervisor. I really enjoy working everyday with these people, and I dedicate this post to my Compliance department. Thank You!








Vocabulary
Office - location where business is conducted
Supervisor - Someone who ouverlooks the employees work
Employees- someone who workes for someone else and gets paid to do the work
Work - job
Juice - a flavored drink
Recall - remember
Cinnamon - flavored spice
Department - parts of a company
Aroma - smell
Card - a folded paper with meaningful words



Vocabulary Exercise

National Boss Day Vocabulary


 
TKBCQVQCLSYILAP
NNCJWROSIVREPUS
OKEJXMRECALLWCA
MDOMUFCAIMGOENR
ADRTTIOEQXREFAO
NNCHFRCNEKAKWFM
NYLFHLAEBEKOIMA
IEOJXEDPSIPZFHV
CDRACFSKEBIJLXZ
XSQLYRWMSDWEJCY
LATGYRQGEOQPIXP
DUGJLCZNHWZVREV
GYFVFAYUCIJPUMT
GRLEFZYNYCEHLIP
EOTDNCOLEJNWOWM


 
AROMACARDCINNAMON
DEPARTMENTJUICEOFFICE
RECALLSUPERVISORWORK
 
Grammar Point
Identify how many nouns are used in the past tense.





2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post. It is lovely to know that you are so appreciated. And when you become a teacher, your students will love and appreciate you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great post! It must feel so good knowing how appreciated you are. Congrats on a job well done. I agree as well, that when you become a teacher your students will love and appreciate you too.

    ReplyDelete