Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Children

I am a mother of three precious little children. My eldest daughter Rosangel is eight years old. Samuel, my only son, is five years old . And my baby Daniela is three years old. I love my children with all my soul, and they make my day. Sometimes I come home tired, upset, and even stressed. But once I hear "Mommy, Mommy" it brings a smile to my face. My heart melts just to think about them as I write this post.

There is a beautiful poem below from a mother to her child. I agree with the author on how she felt because I too would do anything for my children.


Mother Poem

What indeed would a mother not do for her child?

What I Would Do For You

© Jayne Sena
I would do just about anything you'd ask,
For you there's nothing I wouldn't do, there's no such task.

I would walk without my shoes to the end of the Earth,
I would give up anything I had to, to teach you self worth.

I would hold your hand every minute of every day,
But I won't because I know you need to find your own way.

I would surely bear the heartache of your first love that's real,
Even though I can't, I will naturally feel as you feel.

I would sell my soul if it would keep you happy forever,
I would give my right arm to keep us forever together.

I would run a hundred miles up-hill in the rain,
Just to guarantee that you will never feel pain.

I would laugh with you even if I was sad,
I will give you a smile even if I'm mad.

I can only accept your mistakes with a grin on my face,
I will guide you in correcting them, but at your own pace.

I will guide you through life, as this world can get quite wild,
Just don't you ever forget that you will always be my child.

Vocabulary
Love - a passionate feeling for someone
Forever - eternally
Mistake - an error
Guide - to show the way
Author - someone
When your mentally hurt
Task - part of a job
Children - more than one child
Naturally - by nature
Guarantee - a promise


Vocabulary Exercise



Unscramble each of the clue words.
Copy the letters in the numbered cells to other cells with the same number.


Grammar Point
Is this passage written in the past, present or future tense? Identify the key words that helped you come to this conclusion. Are the keywords nouns, verbs, adverbs or adjectives? A noun is a name a person, animal, place, thing, and idea. A verb is a word that describes an action, state or occurrence. An adverb A word or phrase that modifies or qualifies an adjective, verb, or other adverb or a word-group, expressing a relation of place, time, circumstance, manner, cause, degree, etc. An adjective is a word that expresses an attribute of something.



2 comments:

  1. It's great to see such an extreme amount of love that you have for your children. The poem is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete